As you browse the internet normally, Sign Learner will highlight words on each webpage randomly. Simply hover over the highlighted word and a video with the corresponding sign will appear!
Support for either American Sign Language (ASL) or British Sign Language (BSL).
– Learn new signs in sign language and reinforce signs you know in a fun and easy way (4000+ signs)
– Focus on learning specific topics, with with available signs split into categories such as Nature, Family, Animals, and more
– Need a break from learning? Pause Sign Learner at any time or on any website
– Customise your learning experience by changing the size of the video popup and the colour of the highlighted word
– Exclude words from being shown that you want to ignore or have already learnt fully
– Handy search box to lookup specific signs at any time
🏗️ Coming soon:
– Additional context for BSL signs
– Support for Australian Sign Language (Auslan)
Make the most of your time on the internet and learn sign language along the way!
Please note that Sign Learner should be used as a supplement to other learning tools such as an official course and/or lessons with a sign language teacher.
ASL signs are from ASL Dictionary on YouTube: (https://www.youtube.com/user/smartsigndictionary)
BSL signs are from SignStation:
If you have any feedback or questions, or find an incorrect or misleading sign, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
*************** About Privacy ***************
When you install Sign Learner, a message appears saying that the extension can “read and change all your data on the websites you visit.” – That’s actually just the default permission required, specifically we need it to be able to identify the words on each webpage so that we can add in a sign to show you, and keep you learning. Sign learner does not track, use, or need any personal data from you 🙂