fix: rename addon
Run external application from the Context (Right Click) Menu
Run external application from the Context (Right Click) Menu, by using the protocol handler mechanismen.
- Install Add-on
- Goto the addons preferences page and add a custom protocol name (for example: “youtube-dl”)
- In a new tab open “about:config”
- Set “network.protocol-handler.expose.youtube-dl” to type “boolean” with value “false”, to activate the prompt the nextime a link with this protocol is clicked
- Open a Website and right click on any link
- In the context menu click the entry “handleWith youtube-dl”
- Firefox will now prompt you to specify the programm or script which should handle the protocol.
- Supply a script (some examples: https://github.com/igorlogius/handle-with/raw/main/handle-with.sh or https://github.com/igorlogius/handle-with/raw/main/handle-with.py
- menus, used to add the context menu entries
- activeTab, used to change the link target protocol
- storage, used to store the protocol identifiers
This add-on tries to use the minimal number of required permissions to successfully fullfill its intended purpose.
If you think this could be improved please let me know by opening an issue (see. below) and i will try to look into it.
This Add-on is and forever will be subscription and payment free to use for everyone however they like.
If you are feeling generous you can send me a tip via my bitcoin address 35WK2GqZHPutywCdbHKa9BQ52GND3Pd6h4
If this this add-on was useful for you, please leave some stars or a review so others can find it more easily.
- Bugs, Suggestions and Requests:
If you have any (e.g. a site it does not work but you think it should) or have improvement suggestions or feature request please open a issue at the “Support site”.