run a program or script when a download completes with save location (filepath) and url of the download as available arguments
run a custom script or programm when a download completes with url and filepath as arguments
- Set extended attributes (xattr) on downloaded files automatically
- Keep a seperate download log
- Run other programms on specific files
Requires additonal configuration before usage!
One Time Setup (Mac)
One Time Setup (Windows)
One Time Setup (Linux)
- Install the Add-On
- Download ” (rodc.json)” and ” (run.py)” and save both to “$HOME/.mozilla/native-messaging-hosts/”
- Update the “path” attribute in the “run-on-download-complete.json” with the absolute path (no variables!!!) to where you put the “run.py” script
- Just download any file with the firefox build-in download mechanism (for Example via the right click menu’s > “Save As …” entry
- “Exchange messages with programs other than Firefox”, used to exchange data with user defined external script
- “Download files and read and modify the browser’s download history”, used to listen on the onComplete event of a download
This add-on tries to use the minimal number of required permissions to successfully fullfill its intended purpose.
If you think this could be improved please let me know by opening an issue (see. below) and i will try to look into it.
This Add-on is and forever will be subscription and payment free to use for everyone however they like.
If you are feeling generous you can send me a tip via my bitcoin address 35WK2GqZHPutywCdbHKa9BQ52GND3Pd6h4
If this this add-on was useful for you, please leave some stars or a review so others can find it more easily.
- Bugs, Suggestions and Requests:
If you have any (e.g. a site it does not work but you think it should) or have improvement suggestions or feature request please open an issue here: https://github.com/igorlogius/rodc/issues